Thursday, January 8, 2009

R, the Magic Language!


As I have reported previously, the use of R as the statistical tool of choice has grown dramatically in the past couple of years. The program is free and is in an open-source format allowing users to modify the tool specifically to their situation. In case you missed it, the New York Times had an interesting piece in the business section on Wednesday touting the power of R. Click here for a pleasant diversion from all the gloomy business news.

Linda Burtch
Burtch Works
Email: lburtch@burtchworks.com
Don’t Forget to Connect to me on LinkedIn and become a Facebook fan!

1 comment:

Bob said...

It was interesting to see an article about R. There is an amusing quote from Anne H. Milley, director of technology product marketing at SAS: "We have customers who build engines for aircraft. I am happy they are not using freeware when I get on a jet.”

I hate to break it to Ms Milley, but my brother in law works for Boeing, and they use R. Either she's more worried about engines than airframes, or she'll be doing a lot more driving in the future...